Located in South Bellevue, the heirloom fruit orchard at Holy Cross Lutheran Church is located on 3 acres and has 30 trees including plum, apple, quince and pear. Through volunteer efforts the garden is maintained and harvested and over a half ton of fresh fruit is donated to HopeLink Food Bank each year. The imperfect fruit is utilized for a community cider pressing in the fall.
For More Information/Schedule a Tour or Volunteer:
Check back for lessons learned at this garden site through soil testing!
Have you had your soil tested? KCD offers 5 FREE soil tests to qualified King County residents (see website for details).
Do you have a story of volunteering or growing at Orchard Garden at Holy Cross Lutheran? Contact Melissa.Tatro@kingcd.org to share your story.
- More Reflections of a Growing Season October 22, 2018
- Reflections of a Growing Season October 8, 2018
- Yellowing in the Garden Explained August 1, 2018
- It’s Time to Think about Your Winter Veggie Garden June 14, 2018
- Creating an Urban Garden in White Center May 24, 2018