The Light of Christ Community Garden is run on the communal garden model and is completely volunteer run. All produce grown is donated to families facing food insecurity, elders in need and local homeless shelters.
About the garden:
- 51 Raised garden beds, each with individual controlled irrigation (including beds accessible by those with special needs)
- Ten Eagle Scout Projects completed at the garden
- Supporting 18 families in transitional housing; 50 families/individuals in various care ministries; 40+ individuals in senior housing project; 3 homeless centers/projects
- Regularly scheduled family oriented activities like Easter Egg Hunt, Scarecrow Contest, Pumpkin Patch, Garden Yard Sale, Garden Classes
Jim and Donna Cox, Master Gardeners
Do you have a story of volunteering or growing at Light of Christ Community Garden? Contact Melissa.Tatro@kingcd.org to share your story.
- More Reflections of a Growing Season October 22, 2018
- Reflections of a Growing Season October 8, 2018
- Yellowing in the Garden Explained August 1, 2018
- It’s Time to Think about Your Winter Veggie Garden June 14, 2018
- Creating an Urban Garden in White Center May 24, 2018