The LifeWay Church community garden was built as part of a Girl Scout Gold Star project to promote global thinking about food and promote awareness of the different vegetables around the world. The twelve raised beds and large in ground plot grow produce such as kale, peas, collard greens, and lettuce that is offered to the community.
For More Information/Schedule a Tour or Volunteer:
Check back for lessons learned at this garden site through soil testing!
Have you had your soil tested? KCD offers 5 FREE soil tests to qualified King County residents (see website for details).
Do you have a story of volunteering or growing at LifeWay Church Community Garden? Contact Melissa.Tatro@kingcd.org to share your story.
- More Reflections of a Growing Season October 22, 2018
- Reflections of a Growing Season October 8, 2018
- Yellowing in the Garden Explained August 1, 2018
- It’s Time to Think about Your Winter Veggie Garden June 14, 2018
- Creating an Urban Garden in White Center May 24, 2018