The City of Algona has created a community garden located in Matchett Park with the help King County Waterworks, King Conservation District and Futurewise. The food garden is part of a larger conservation awareness project called Growing with Algona. The community garden consists of 10 beds, 2 of which are dedicated to the local elementary school to use as a learning lab.
For More Information/Schedule a Tour or Volunteer:
Algona Parks Program Coordinator
Check back for lessons learned at this garden site through soil testing!
Have you had your soil tested? KCD offers 5 FREE soil tests to qualified King County residents (see website for details).
Do you have a story of volunteering or growing at Blue Heron Community Garden? Contact Melissa.Tatro@kingcd.org to share your story.
- More Reflections of a Growing Season October 22, 2018
- Reflections of a Growing Season October 8, 2018
- Yellowing in the Garden Explained August 1, 2018
- It’s Time to Think about Your Winter Veggie Garden June 14, 2018
- Creating an Urban Garden in White Center May 24, 2018